Design / Production Engineer
A Design/Production Engineer ensures that products are manufactured to exact customer requirements and specification. Products typically comprise of electrical control systems and associated ancillary equipment.
- Preparation and ongoing management of Bill of Materials in order to provide accurate date for procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files
- Working closely with procurement and manufacturing to ensure requirements are understood
- Work within the New Product Introduction process
- Participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, as required
- Providing technical support to other departments, as required
- To understand and apply relevant design, regulatory and industrial standards
- Operate in accordance to ISO 9001
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- HNC/ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent industrial experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Ability to multi-task, plan accurately, follow plan to delivery on time against deadlines
- Must communicate exceptionally within the company, its supplier-base and customers
- Experience of design for manufacture, with a background in a demanding production environment
Desirable skills and attributes
- Experience in AutoCAD, E-Plan, Pro-E and Corel Draw
- Ability to program PLC’s, for automated testing
- The ability and experience to help manage a design team
- Knowledge and experience in design to UL508A and/or EN60204
- Experience of Control Panels design and assembly
- Experience of producing quotation and estimates
Alternatively, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download this job description.
No agencies please.